I’ve been a storyteller since I could talk (not the lying kind of storyteller, the making up a fictional world kind) and have been writing them down since I could hold a pencil. I used to illustrate my stories and sell them to my family. These days, although I’ve given up the illustrations (you’re welcome), I’m still trying to find an audience for my imaginary worlds.
I live in Arkansas with my husband, Johnny. We were married in October 2013. I wrote 10 marriage proposals in my books before receiving one of my own. He was worth the wait. We have a fledgling farm we’ve named the Honeysuckle Homestead, thanks to the sweetly scented plants that line the dirt road leading to our place. We have a blog about our life as amateur chicken and goat farmers and all the adventures that entails.
Here are a few additional details you should know about me:
1. I love lists.
2. Traveling is one of my greatest pleasures. I adore seeing new places and just wandering around, sampling the food and taking in the sights.
3. My house is full of books. I can never have too many books. I may have a little book-buying problem, but it’s nothing another set of bookshelves can’t fix.
4. I don’t like to talk to anyone in the morning until I’ve had one cup of coffee. One perfect cup of coffee with creamer and a dash of whipped cream can make all the difference in a good day and a bad one.
5. I love sleeping in, although I don’t do it as often as I used to. One of my greatest guilty pleasures is checking in to a nice hotel and sleeping as late as I want to. Then ordering room service. Pure. Bliss.
6. Sometimes I have a love/hate relationship with writing.
7. I’ve taken a 2 year break from writing anything new. It was much needed. But I missed getting my thoughts on paper and I frequently jotted down new ideas even during my self-imposed writing hiatus.