Is it just me, or does time seem to be going faster than it used to? I can’t believe it is already 2011!
The past year has been full of some very good and very bad moments. I guess every year is that way, but this one has been more so than normal for me.
First the bad:
My family dealt with some tough losses this year. My grandparents each lost a sibling, and then in August, my grandfather was killed in an accident. There is a hole in my family that will never be filled, so the months since August have been ones of adjustment. Christmas was hard–even with 28 people in attendance, their house still seemed empty somehow.
But there were some good times, too. A few of my highlights from 2010 include:
1. Traveling to St. Louis, Indianapolis, Lancaster, Gettysburg, Baltimore, and Washington DC. Although each trip was for work (research or conferences) I still managed to squeeze in some play time as well. 🙂
2. I had 2 books release in 2010–Love is Monumental and Love is Grand.
3. Speaking in chapel during Homecoming at Freed-Hardeman University was such an honor. Definitely on my highlight reel of the year.
4. I completed 4 5Ks in 2010, and although I ran each of them fairly slowly, I’m still happy to have finished!
5. In 2010, I had some really fun times with my friends and family. Some of the highlights: concerts (Miranda Lambert and Sugarland); shows at the Orpheum (Jersey Boys, Chicago, South Pacific, and Wicked); and lots of laughter and get togethers.
But enough reflecting…I guess it’s time now to make some plans for 2011!
Hopefully these goals aren’t too lofty:
1. Complete a proposal for a new series I’ve been pondering. And actually send it in. 🙂
2. In addition to running in several 5Ks in 2011, I REALLY plan on training to run in the St. Jude Half Marathon. I have almost a year to get ready for it.
How about you? What was your highlight of 2010? Or your biggest goal for 2011?