So this is going to be one of those random, rambling blog posts where I get to share the things that have been on my mind….
1. Strep throat is awful. Seriously. It struck me down out of nowhere. But I’m finally (almost) well.
2. Wicked is wicked awesome. (side note: I have always wanted to use “wicked” in a sentence that way…and just FYI, according to the Urban Dictionary, you must always use an adjective after wicked for proper use: “that car is wicked” and “that car is wicked awesome” do not carry the same meaning. Just trying to keep you cool. ha) But honestly, I’m kind of considering going to see it again. I haven’t felt that way about a show since the time I saw Les Mis in London and promptly went out and bought the soundtrack. Just LOVED it.
3. I am completely bored by Dancing with the Stars this season. Because…WHERE are the STARS? Honestly. Because I’m not seeing the star power. And since it seems that being an actual star is no longer a requirement, my secret dream is that next season the casting people at DWTS will think “hey, let’s invite an author of inspirational fiction to be on the show…” Because I would probably be willing to participate. 🙂
4. I’m already easing into the Christmas season. Judge me all you want. Christmas songs make me happy…and I declare it officially okay to full out listen starting next week. And yes, I’ve already busted out my favorite Christmas coffee mug. Here’s the way I see it: Christmas is a lot of trouble. The decorations. The special Christmasy dishes. So why not enjoy it longer than just a couple of weeks? I say, if you have to get things out of storage…you should be able to enjoy them for at least a month and a half–possibly 2 months. So I will continue to ease into the season bit by bit until I’m fully decorated by mid-November. Because it MAKES ME HAPPY. (this is the perk of living alone with only dogs to see my secret holiday behavior, and let’s face it, as long as I feed them and walk them, they would be fine if the tree stayed up all year…)
5. One more and I’m done. I’ve been reading a lot lately about juicing and “green” drinks. I’ve been intrigued by this for awhile–ever since I read a book about how bad processed foods are for us and the importance of fruits and vegetables. So I’m kind of considering giving it a shot. Like maybe starting Monday, November 1. That’s my plan anyway. I’m not going to go on a diet, just incorporate a juiced drink into my day. Seems like there are lots of health benefits to the extra veggies/fruits that you get. We shall see…
Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Halloween weekend!