1. Words. The right ones. Both for my manuscript and my everyday life.
2. Peace. On earth, in my life, etc. Just that general Peaceful Easy Feeling that I hear so much about.
3. Contentment. This is somewhat elusive in my world. Just when I’m content, something happens to make me discontent. 🙂 I just might have a special gift for making things harder than they need to be.
4. And along those lines…Simplicity. Although on second thought, maybe not so much. I say I want things simple, but seem to thrive best on Complicated.
5. My family. Games, food, laughter. Funny how now that I’m “all grown up” Christmas with my family becomes less about gifts and more about time.
6. My friends. Oh how blessed I am. I stood in the kitchen tonight and gazed at my fridge, which is adorned with Christmas photo cards from them. I’m a lucky girl for sure.
7. Time. It goes too fast for my liking. I went to bed and it was January and now all of the sudden, we’re nearing the end of December. What happened? I look back and am astounded at how quickly the year went. Note to self: Live in the moment.
8. Boldness. I need a little bit of bold for Christmas this year. No more doormat. But not so assertive as to make me brazen or harsh.
9. Spontaneity. I need some of this too. Just a tad. To keep me out of a rut.
10. Organization. This should be on everyones Christmas list this year. I think with a little more organization, I’d get more of #7. Which would give me more #5, #6, and #9.
Okay, that’s about it. You think Santa can come through for me?
The song of the day is Mistletoe by Colbie Caillat.